Sunday, January 18, 2009

"I'm a new soul, I came into this strange world..."

I thought the lyrics from Yael Naim's song "New Soul" (aka, the Macbook Air commercial song) were appropriate for my first entry. 

My name is Angelica, a newly christened Blogger. Yes, I'm aware that blogs have been around for "ages," but up until now I've only maintained the Facebook/Gmail/Youtube trifecta.

So why start now? Despite my attempts to come off as a sophisticated, collected and articulate individual, my inner spaz always seems to win out. Unfortunately for me, I have a knack for spouting the most random crap at times. It's time to own it and blog it!

Apparently, certain people in my life seem to find some "value" and entertainment in my musings. Those same people are my accomplices in general silliness. At their urgings I've started this blog, which serves to document our pointless yet priceless mishaps. 

What to expect from AC's Amalgam: a little of everything. Everything from my take on relationships, celebrity lists, articles, "spirited" (read: mostly not PC) nuggets from my partner-in-crime, my opinions on my favorite movies and TV shows, funny things my amazing friends say, and anything else that comes to mind. This certainly isn't meant to be one of the more profound things on the internet, but you have to admit, there are definitely more absurd places to be.

So here we go: anything goes! Keep it classy kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment